It can be challenging if you, or someone you care for, has Cardiomyopathy. Information about Cardiomyopathy is not so readily available and the opportunity to speak to others with similar experiences is rare. CMAA aims to provide people interested in Cardiomyopathy with support and information.CMAA currently receives no ongoing funding, so its financial viability relies upon membership subscriptions and donations.
The membership year operates from 1st July to 30th June each year.As a member CMAA offers you the following benefits:
- A support network with other people with Cardiomyopathy and their families and friends
- An Information Pack which includes an information booklet on the specific types of Cardiomyopathy (courtesy of the CMA - UK), Fact Sheets, Past Newsletters, Phone Link Details and other Relevant Information
- A contact person in Australian states and territories and New Zealand who provide initial information and from whom you can obtain an Information Pack
- Telephone numbers between consenting members are distributed so that members can share experiences and provide support
- Quarterly meetings are held in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia often with guest speakers in attendance
- Video tapes of guest speakers are available for loan on request
- Newsletters are sent on a quarterly basis and contain latest information, members contributions and committee reports. An abridged version of the UK CMA newletter is also included
Individuals / Households:
Annual membership fee: $30.00 (per household).
Five year individual membership: $120
Annual membership fee: $60.00
(no pro-rata membership after April 30 - get 12 months plus)
Five year membership: $250.00
CMAA members are obliged to observe a strict code of ethics which can be found here.
To join CMAA go here or Print out and complete your details on the CMAA membership form,
Make a cheque or money order payable to "Cardiomyopathy Association of Australia Ltd" and send, together with the completed form to:
P O Box 43
Doncaster Heights VIC 3109.